Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lobster






             Lobster is my favorite food. I grew up eating lobsters. I love most of the seafood. Yesterday I eat a lobster and it made my day. There are several ways to cook lobster. For example, we can boil a lobster, steam a lobster, and bake a lobster, grill a lobster, butter flying lobster tail, and lobster with butter. I like it all and it taste so delicious and healthy. In the restaurant, butter flying lobster tails are most common where the lobster tail meat is sitting on top of the lobster shell. Baking lobster tails are other most common dishes in the traditional Chinese restaurant.
I only know how to boil a lobster. Here is a simple method for how to cook a lobster.

Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 1 lobster per person
  • Salt
  • A large piece of dried seaweed (optional)

Preparation:

1.      Get your largest pot, fill it 3/4 of the way full with water
2.      Take your live lobsters (lobsters must always be alive when you buy them) one at a time and put them in the pot.
3.      Once your lobsters are in the pot, quickly cover it and wait for the water to return to a boil. When it does, count off 15-20 minutes, depending on their size. A normal 1-1 1/2 pound lobster will take 15 minutes once the boil returns.
4.      Remove your cooked lobsters and place them on a plate to cool and drain. Water will drain out of them, so make sure the plate has a lip to catch it.
5.      If you serve it on the spot, do so with clarified butter, olive oil, mayo, or, do as I do: a squeeze of lemon. I think lobster is rich enough without butter or other fat, so lemon or lime is all I give it.




 

 Grilled Lobster Tails
 

No comments:

Post a Comment