Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Which social network has stronger network effects: Google+ or Facebook? Why?

I believe Facebook have stronger network effects than Google+. According to Gallaugher, more user = more value. As we all know Facebook has more users than Google +. This is why Facebook bring more value to people. One of the reasons why I use Facebook more than Google+ is because all my friends have Facebook. Facebook makes it easy for me to communicate and share with my friends. Personally, I check Facebook few times a day to see what my friends is up to and many cool things on my page. Also, I can play many games on the web that is just a click away.  
Lastly, because Facebook is so popular, businesses and individuals use it more and more. Facebook have the people traffic therefore many small entrepreneurs use it as a platform to advertise their product for free. For example I know a friends who create a page of her clothing business and she will post the pictures and price of the clothes. Then she will tag people and thru tags we can see it on our homepage. This is why Facebook is better than Google+ since Google+ do not allow promotions.


2 comments:

  1. Personally, I like twitter more because i like to shop and on twitter i can follow my favorite company, for example abercrombie and fitch, forever 21 and etc. therefore I recommend twitter it is a great website to share, meet newe people and check out stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally i love to use facebook. one of the reason i use facebook maybe i use it before twitter. that make me love it. and also, just most of friend use it as a personal Windows to share information to friends..

    ReplyDelete